At UNT, we understand that your decision about what, how and when you give is as unique as you are.
A gift to UNT can be many things—large or small, immediate or deferred—and can involve almost any asset.
Gifts of Cash
A cash contribution can be the most effective way to give to UNT. It’s also one of the easiest ways to make a gift and ensure its immediate impact. One-time gifts and pledges can be made online. Make a gift online now.
Write a Check
Checks should be made payable to the UNT Foundation Inc., indicating the desired gift designation on the memo line. Checks can be mailed to:
University of North Texas
Division of Advancement
1155 Union Circle, #311250
Denton, Texas 76203-5017
You can also discuss giving options with members of the Development team. Find a Development Officer.
Other Outright Gifts
- Appreciated securities: Allow you to receive some of the most significant tax breaks with the IRS
- Real estate: Transfer residential, commercial or undeveloped real estate and receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value, regardless of what you originally paid for it
- Personal property: Donate books, artwork or equipment and make a significant gift to UNT without adversely affecting your cash flow
- Business interests: Give UNT an interest in a closely held or family business and pay no capital-gains tax on any appreciation in the shares
- Partnership interests: Transfer interest in real estate or oil-and-gas partnerships
- Retirement assets: Donate the balance of your retirement plan to UNT
- Make a gift of stock to the UNT Foundation